28 January 2014

Exec harassed over 'sexy attire'

MALACCA: A woman who went to meet her two children’s headmaster was nearly assaulted by a female security guard who was said to have been enraged by her dressing.

Marketing executive Fatimah Abdullah (pic), 28, from Desa Ria, Tangga Batu claimed the guard, in her 40s, had allegedly scolded her for wearing “tight” clothing. She also claimed the guard wanted to hit her before she was stopped by a teacher and a clerk.

She said the incident happened on Thursday when she was at the primary school to meet the headmaster to discuss the studies of her two children, aged 10 and eight.
“I was wearing my uniform at the time when I came at the office. 

The guard, who was nearby, accused me of exposing my body for wearing a tight and revealing attire.
“I was surprised because I was not dressed indecently. She also told me to go home and change.
“I told her to mind her business and I went straight to the office.

“She dashed into the office and I believed that she wanted to hit me. However, she was stopped by the teacher and the clerk,” she added.
Fatimah, who lodged a report at the Tanjung Keling police station, said she also brought up the incident to the district education office.

There has been no response so far.
“I felt humiliated as the whole incident occurred in full view of teachers and staff.
“I am baffled by her behaviour as I was not wearing a mini-skirt or a bikini to school,” she said.
“My two children also felt ashamed as the incident had become the talk of the school,” she said.
Fatimah said she was afraid that the guard could attack her again as both she and the guard knew each other and live in the same housing area.

Higher Education, Science and Technology, Green Technology and Innovation chairman Datuk Wira Md Yunos Husin said the state education department would be asked to carry out a probe on the incident based on the police report lodged by Fatimah. - TheStar

Pihak berkuasa agama negeri patut menguatkuasakan undang-undang wanita muslim yang berpakaian 'haram'.

1 comment:

  1. Sepatutnya pelawat sekolah termasuk ibibapa perlu patuhi etika pakaian yang sopan dan tidak menjolok mata.

    ReplyDelete